You may be deciding what restorative solution is right for you and wavering between options. Dental implants are a permanent solution for patients that are built to last for many years, or even a lifetime. If you have cracked or broken teeth, and want a comfortable and reliable option that provides excellent results, then dental implants may be right for you.
Implants are made out of titanium and anchored to the bone rather than the tooth’s roots. This allows them to be stronger and withstand more pressure in most cases compared to natural teeth. Adequate bone is required to support the implants, and our team will evaluate your mouth to determine if any bone grafting is needed.
Bone grafting takes bone from another part of the body, or uses synthetic bone filler to add bone to the implant area. This helps to build a good foundation for the implants, and provides the strength needed to keep the implants strong and stable in the mouth.
Caring for your implants is similar to caring for your natural teeth, and with good oral hygiene patients can ensure their implants last for years or even their lifetime. Implants are built to last upwards of 25 years, and it is very rare that you will ever need replacement unless there is an issue.
Reasons dental implants last:
- Implants function like natural teeth and are extremely reliable.
- Implants are permanent, and do not need to be taken out for cleaning compared to dentures or bridges.
- If needed, bone grafts can be done to help support the implants.
- Implants are anchored to the bone rather than the tooth’s roots, and this makes them strong and stable in the mouth.
- Implants are easy to care for if you follow good oral hygiene.
If you are interested in finding out more about our dental implant services, contact us today to schedule your appointment.