If you’re wondering how often you should see the dentist in Pflugerville, you’re not alone. Preventive care is essential for a healthy mouth, but is it really necessary to see the dentist twice a year?
You Should See Dr. Mun For Preventive Care Every Six Months
For years, the ADA and other major dental associations have recommended that patients see a dentist for an oral exam and teeth cleaning every six months, and that’s our recommendation at Pflugerville Family Dentistry, too. Why should you see Dr. Mun so often? Here are just a few reasons.
- Catch oral health issues early – Visiting every six months helps us catch problems like cavities and gingivitis that you may not be able to detect or treat on your own, and ensures you get the proper care to resolve the issue.
- Save time & money– By identifying and stopping oral health problems early, you can save both time and money. For example, identifying a cavity lets you get a filling, and avoid the potential complication of an infected tooth that would require more invasive, complex, and expensive treatment with a root canal and a dental crown.
- Get peace of mind – After your appointment, you can get any additional treatments you need and rest easy, knowing that your mouth is healthy.
Some patients may require more frequent appointments. Those who have gum disease or have a high risk of developing cavities, for example, may need to come in every 3 months for a checkup and cleaning.
What To Expect From Your Six-Month Appointment At Our Office
Wondering what preventive care looks like at Pflugerville Family Dentistry? Here’s what you can expect at your appointment.
- Teeth cleaning – First, your teeth will be examined and cleaned by a hygienist who will remove plaque and tartar, buff and polish your teeth, and floss to remove any remaining debris.
- Oral exam – After your teeth are cleaned, Dr. Mun will discuss your oral health with your hygienist, then perform his own comprehensive oral exam to look for potential problems with your teeth and gums.
- X-rays – X-rays are usually taken when you see Dr. Mun for the first time, and every 2-3 years afterward, unless Dr. Mun needs to take additional x-rays to diagnose an oral health issue.
- Additional preventive treatments – Depending on your oral health, Dr. Mun may recommend additional treatments like fluoride treatments to strengthen your teeth, or dental sealants to help prevent cavity formation.
Contact Pflugerville Family Dentistry For Your Next Oral Exam & Cleaning
If you want to take control of your oral health, six-month visits with a dentist like Dr. Chris Mun are very important. So don’t wait. Contact us online or give us a call at (512) 252-4746 to schedule a consultation in Pflugerville today, and get the preventive dental care you need right away.